Welcome Small Business Owners!! We offer a great opportunity for you to showcase your products and/or services to over 3,000 federal government employees in a secure building. BIG-IRS NCFB conducts fundraising expos to support our chapter’s Community Outreach efforts. For you, this opportunity provides exposure and visibility! Our vendor shows are conducted monthly. Due to space limitations and regulations governing federal buildings, we are only authorized 13 slots for each show. Please see the information below regarding our process, procedures and costs.
Process/steps for the monthly vendor shows:
1. OPEN REGISTRATION - Once we have secured the date, an email blast is sent to all vendors providing registration information for the current show. Your registration is free, and is our notification that you are interested and available to participate in this event.
2. VENDOR SELECTION – An email blast will be sent to all registered participants, informing you of your selection. This information will also be posted on this event page.
3. DONATION DEPOSIT TO SECURE TABLE – To finalize and secure your table, a $25 donation deposit is requested. This deposit will go towards your final donation, to be given at the conclusion of the vendor show. If your donation is not received by the deadline date, you forfeit your table. Upon receipt of your donation, you will receive detailed information regarding the show. In the interim, general information is provided on this page.
4. DAY OF THE SHOW! - Show up and Showcase your product/services in a professional manner.
Metro Parking - Parking is only allowed at the New Carrollton Metro Station, for a small fee. Walk directly across the street into Building A.
Building A Entrance Upon participation approval, your name will be added to the Security Building Access Listing. You will be ONLY be allowed to use Building A to enter and exit the building.
Loading Dock - Building A - ALL packages, except small bags, must go through the loading dock. This entrance must be used to drop off and pick up all bulk items. Vendors who are on the Security Building Access Listing are allowed to drop off items, park at the Metro and walk into Building A.
Security will be enforced, and there will be absolutely no walking in the building without an escort, even to the restrooms. If you choose to not follow this policy, we will remove you from our vendor email listing and the building immediately.
Provide one banquet (6') rectangle table and two chairs for this event.
If you would like to bring one additional table, prior notification and approval is required.
WiFi - At this time, we do not have WiFi access for vendors. Please come prepared.
Table Presentation Criteria:
1. Banquet Tablecloth - cover ENTIRE table, including the legs of the table.
2. Professional and Organized Set-up
3. Advertisement Contact Information displayed
4. No bins, boxes or other distracting items in front of or beside the vending table
Internal Escort & Set-up - 8AM - 8:45AM
Any vendor reporting to the site after 9AM, will forfeit their table.
If a vendor does a "NO SHOW/NO CALL" your business be put on the non-selection listing for months or possibly removed from the email listing for a year.
Breakdown & External Escort - 2PM - 2:45PM -
All vendors must be escorted out of the building no later than 3PM.
This is a federal government building with strict security guidelines and procedures for entering, navigating and exiting the building. At all times, please ensure you have all vending information and personal identification present. There will be no exception for early arrival or late exiting of the building. Allow yourself at least 45 minutes (estimated time) for security procedures and transfer of your items to the lobby vending area.
Cancellation Policy: In the event that you must cancel, please contact us within 48 hours prior to the vendor show date.
BIG is a Non-Profit, 501(c)3 organization.
BIG Members - 20% of total profits at the end of the show (includes your $25 donation deposit).
NON-BIG Members - 25% of total profits at the end of the show. (includes your $25 donation deposit).
Service Vendors - Please contact us directly for donation recommendations.